Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have an inherited property. I temporarily transferred it

Customer Question

I have an inherited property. I temporarily transferred it to my son and for $25 and we agree that we need to transfer it back. I have been paying for maintenance and taxes. I spoke to a CPA specializing in real estate who told me that there should be no problems with the transfer if I want to sell this single family home. A real estate investor suggested to I get an attorney's opinion. I have put time and expenses into the house to make it ready to move in. Any suggestions or problems foreseen?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
What was the reason for the transfer to your son? What type of deed was used for the transfer? How does the medical POA fit into the situation?