Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Currently my home is in the foreclosure process. I am loosing

Customer Question

Currently my home is in the foreclosure process. I am loosing the home but am trying to maximize the time I've got here. I received a letter that I need to better understand its meaning. There is an introduction followed by this paragraph:
"This is to advise you that absent a response from you in accordance with paragraph 2 of Subsection 6a of the Act, this office, on behalf of the Plaintiff, may submit proper proofs for entry of Final Judgement, in the above captioned foreclosure action, on or after July 9, 2015 and upon entry of Final Judgement, you will lose your right provided pursuant to Section 5 of the Act to cure the default."
The next paragraph basically says that I have a limited time to respond to them that I will come up with the money to "cure the default".
Other than stating that I intend to cure the default is there any other response from me that would be appropriate and delay the next action? I also understand that at some point I can go to the Sheriff's office and get up to 2 postponements of 2 weeks each. When do I do this? Would i do this now or is that done when I am served the papers to vacate the premises?
I am in New Jersey.
Thank You
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon Mike,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
This seems like a very serious situation for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call.
1. Are you prepared to cure the default by paying all the arrears?
Doug