Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
7286322

I have a listing agreement that finalizes in November 2015.

Customer Question

I have a listing agreement that finalizes in November 2015. The house is vacant. For some changes in our family's life we have to move back to leave in our own house. Is there any problem in move to my house even the listing is active? Can I take the house our of the market after the moving?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
The seller can always decide to take their property off the market. There should not be an issue with this. One of course wants to let the agent KNOW about this so that the agent will take down any advertisements and not try to find individuals for the property.
But provided this is done, it should not be an issue. The seller is free to change their mind. The agent may be disappointed, but this does happen sometimes.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.