Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I was tricked into signing a lease. I was present during initial

Customer Question

I was tricked into signing a lease. I was present during initial inspection, and it passed. A 2nd inspection of premise was conducted of the exterior and it did not pass. The landlord/physician stole mail addressed to me from the city I forming me the site didn't pass. The only reason I found out was because the city of Dearborn sent me an email copy. When I confronted him about this he obtained a temp COC in November 2014 and it expired June 1,2015. He claimed it was too cold in winter to pour cement. The state of Michigan closed my application to obtain temp permit to operate business because an inspection could not be scheduled with a temp COC. When I complained to the landlord he had his friends at city hall give him a 90 day extension on the temp COC.. I have paid $7000 + equipment & furniture. I can no longer afford to pay alease a suite that I cannot obtain a permanent COC. I believe the physician/lord tricking me into signing this by using deceptive business practices. I want to cancel this lease and move out, but he has indicated retaliation against me. If a contractual agreement is found to be based on lies and deception, doesn't this mean the landlord broke the lease? Please I need your help because I'm being cheated by a shister.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Does the lease contain any provisions regarding the deadline to complete improvements?
Is there a drop-dead date?
Thank you.