Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
68197583

I had appear on my credit report court case number: recorder

Customer Question

I had appear on my credit report court case number:
recorder of Deeds OF CA,
(###) ###-####
I have no specific court, no property name or reason for the lien
it also identifies creditor class as miscelanneous
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
Have you checked with the recorder's office to get a copy of the actual recorded document?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't know how to find the recorders office as i don't know the city or county the document is filed. next i checked the only property i own and there are no leins on that property. the property taxes and state taxes are up to date. i don't know how to proceed ?
I understand your frustration.
If it has been recorded as a lien against your real property it needed to be recorded in the county recorder's office where your property is situated. This way we can get a copy of the lien and know what we need to do to release it.
Which county is your real property located in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in la mesa but there are no leins against the property. i don't own other properties
Because it states the recorder of deeds it would be a lien in the county where you reside or own property.
Let's start with the San Diego County Assessor/Recorder/County Clerk
https://arcc.sdcounty.ca.gov/Pages/document-copies.aspx
You can search for recorded documents online or contact the clerk for assistance.
Let me know if they have a copy.
You can also file a dispute with the three credit agencies. Give me a moment and I will provide the dispute links.
This is the link for filing online disputes with TransUnion, Equifax
and Experian
https://www.myfico.com/ccc/correctionoverview/transunion-experian-equifaxdispute.aspx
Knowing the date of the judgment would be helpful as the statute of limitations may have past and the matter is no longer a valid lien.
Can you attach the document?
Let me know if you can attach the document.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
found the tax. i sold a house in october 2013 ,and the city of stockton due to its budget shortfall put a special levy tax post dating to 2012. the city sent the special assessment by mail to the address of the house i sold and placed a tax lien 22 june 2015. i contacted the san joaquin county tax collector and they sent me the special levy tax. the san joaquin collector did the same thing when I sold my house levying a special tax for 2002 that i had to pay when I sold the house. i didn't even own the house in 2002, in fact the house was not even built until 2008. the city of stockton during a closure of a house will say if taxes are owed, but reserves the right to levy additional taxes years latter and then creates a negative report when it levys the additional taxes because they weren't paid the year the taxes are being levied for. old republic title closed the sale of this house and all taxes and registration fees were paid. so I paid the extra tax but the assessor is leaving the mark on my credit. according to old republic this has been going on a lot, and that is also why san joaquin closed its website to the public.
That is very interesting. Give me a moment so I can provide a link for you to report this to the State.
You are going to want the lien released and removed form your credit report https://www.ftb.ca.gov/individuals/liens/liens.shtml
You can also contact the California State Board of Equalization at http://www.boe.ca.gov/info/contact.htm
Do you have any additional questions for me? Were you unhappy with the service I provided?