Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

Is there any public way to dissolve statements from a deed

Customer Question

is there any public way to dissolve statements from a deed . i Have a deed that states a family and its heirs right to use land for hunting and fishing forever. they have not visited the land in 45 years .
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.
Here unless the family is around to sign a release you would file a suit to quiet title.Court would award you clear title and release the restrictions on the title.A quiet title suit is also called a suit to remove a cloud. A cloud is any claim or potential claim to ownership of the property such as the one you have here on yours.
This is the common way to remove clouds on title be it liens or restrictions like yours. A landowner may bring a quiet title action regardless of whether the respondent is asserting a present right to gain possession of the premises.
You would be able to clear the title through the courts.You will need a local lawyer here to file such a suit and get the court order of cleared title from the court.This should not be hard they have long ago disappeared and failed to make use of this.
Reference
http://quiettitleaction.com/action-to-quiet-title.html
Lawyer referral in Virginia to resolve this.
http://www.lawyers.com/quiet-title/virginia/find-law-firms-by-city/
A quiet title suit is your legal remedy to cleanse this restriction off the title here.
I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.