Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I live in my landlords house and she has lost her mind. She

Customer Question

I live in my landlords house and she has lost her mind. She works out of town and is rarely home. When I first moved in she agreed to my boyfriend coming to visit me when she's not here. .a couple of weeks later she decided she thinks he's just using me, told me I should break up with him and that he is no longer welcome in her house. Last week she told me she was starting the eviction process because when I cook for myself I fix him a plate and take it to him. .she hides the remote controls, last night she unhooked the washing machine and took the hoses of. Then at 2am she came in my room raising Cain because when I bought groceries and put them in the freezer I put my name on them. She said I have until today to get them out of her freezer. Its 100 dollars worth of meat. What can I do if she throws it away? I'm moving out in 2 weeks to go drive an 18 Wheeler.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Before I answer a bit more detail would be helpful please.
Do you rent a room or the entire house? Do you have a written lease? If so, does it provide for the services you are provided in the house?
Is your rent current?
Thank you.