Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor, multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation & admin
18572087

An investor has purchased three properties i owned

Customer Question

hi an investor has purchased three properties i owned for back taxes the investor has been issued three tax deeds is there any right of redemption for me
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. In what state are the properties located in, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
alabama
Hi,In Alabama Ala. Code §§ 6-5-247 et seq. governs the rights of redemption. The right to redeem expressly refers to real property that is “sold”; the actual definition includes “[a]ny execution, judgment or foreclosure sale, whether the sale is made under power of sale in any mortgage or deed of trust or statutory power of sale, or by virtue of any judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.” Ala. Code § 6-5-247(1) You are given 1 year to exercise this right, and begins running from the date of the foreclosure sale at which the real property at issue was sold. Sincerely, ***** *****