Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

Last year June 16,2015 our neighbors were sent a letter to

Customer Question

Last year June 16,2015 our neighbors were sent a letter to inform them not to trespass onto our lot to trim their bushes they were told to ask before coming over. They then proceeded to take the hedge s out every other one just to be ornery. So we had a contractor erect a fence 12-14 inches inside our line. The other homeowner came across the front yards and got my ex husband to answer the door and started complaining to him about me--my contractor over heard this and came to tell me. I went out and confronted this who then started yelling at me in the front yard he said many things including and you call yourself a Christian I went out to the contractor as I was talking to him the man came out and yelled don't talk about me to them I called the police by the time they came he had gone back to work so when the police asked if they should speak to him I said he is not there now so they never did follow up now in June 2015 they are putting blocks,chairs,shepherd hooks,and other ornamental items up to and against the fence which sits off the line and is clearly lined. What can we do if anything
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they are coming onto your property and are placing items on your fence and your property, you have legal right to sue them for trespass and damage to your fence and to make them remove the items from your fence.
You also have the right to remove anything from your property that they leave on your property and dispose of it, but doing that just creates more hostility and people like this neighbor really only understand one thing, going to court and having a court order issued against them and forcing them to pay money damages.