Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I sold a mobile home in October 2014, I received the money

Customer Question

I sold a mobile home in October 2014, I received the money for the home. However the new owners have not put the Title in their name thru HCD. This is in Calif. They have no insurance on the home and since the place is still in my name I have been stuck with the fire fees. I need to know how I can get out of this, I signed the papers giving them the ownership of the home and I cannot get them to send me a copy of this proof that I sold them the home.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Did you have a contract, or a bill of sale, that reflects you selling the mobile home to them?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a contract that is partial . It was made last year in July . It shows that they gave me a 3000 unrefundable deposit and that they were to pay the insurance on the home and the fire fees and they were to put the title in their name right away. They did one of this. They sent by wire a sum of 16500 in October 2014 to my bank and then I signed over the title to them.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
So does the contract make it CLEAR that they are buying the mobile home?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what reply you are referring to, except that I want a phone call, I have been waiting about 15 minutes now and I am not sure if you received my request to call me(###) ###-#### ***** have to go somewhere in about ten minutes so I need to have some answer soon, thank you Paula Howard.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Paula,
My apologies for the wait.
I am sorry to say that I cannot call you out of ethical considerations that attach to legal experts on this site. I can however opt out if you would like and open this to other experts who MAY be able to call, or, I can answer your question via this thread now.
Which do you prefer?