Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My association filed a foreclosure on my property

Customer Question

Hello, My association filed a foreclosure on my property because I was late on my payments since last october, totaling $1200. The master declaration say that the homeowner is responsible for any "reasonable" attorney fees in case the association hires
an attorney to collect any monies. The attorney is charging us $2,888 + another $500 to draft a waiver letter in case we want to pay it in installments. Is that considered "reasonable" fees? Can I dispute it?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
an attorney to collect any monies. The attorney is charging us $2,888 + another $500 to draft a waiver letter in case we want to pay it in installments. Is that considered "reasonable" fees?

Response 1: No, it is not at all.
Can I dispute it?
Response 2: Yes, you can. The fees that are being charged here are quite outrageous and need to be disputed. The fees are not reasonable at all.