Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

I have a lease purchase agreement signed in 2004 property

Customer Question

I have a lease purchase agreement signed in 2004 for a property that states total purchase price is 65000. I paid the 65000 and brought it to the attention of lessor that total price on contract was paid. He then sent me papers that he hasn't been paid in full and he also sent me copies of a 140,000 mortgage. What do I do? We agreed on 65000 and have a signed contract.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you today.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
If the seller is not complying with the terms of the sale then your remedy is to sue him for breach of contract. The court can order him to convey the property to you, as required in the contract and also award damages.