Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor, multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation & admin
18572087

I did not have a copy of the rules and regulations. I have

Customer Question

I did not have a copy of the rules and regulations. I have too many plant pots on my patio, according to the rules and regulations I received today. Is there any recourse?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. What are you being asked to do? Are you being asked to remove the items or are you being fined?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in "violation" and am being asked to be in compliance.
First of all you would need to request a copy of the bylaws that limit your ability or right to have such plants on premises. You can likewise ask them which specific section you are in violation so that you can review. If indeed you are in violation, you have two options. First, you can ask the Board for a special hearing and there you can ask for a potential waiver from the rules. Otherwise, since the HOA is ultimately self-regulating, and provided they have a copy of these documents for review, you would be bound by terms...that would mean you would need to remove the plants and make your premises fully complaint. Sincerely, ***** *****