LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

Can penalties and interest on TX property taxes be abated for

Customer Question

Can penalties and interest on TX property taxes be abated for a terminally ill property owner>
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your client's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
As a CPA, I am sure that you are aware that under Texas law, homeowners who are 65 or older or disabled qualify for an additional $10,000 exemption for school district taxes and a $3,000.
Aside from that, there is no property tax relief granted based on a property owner being terminally ill. I am sorry.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug