ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed General Practice Attorney, Texas
19487448

My neighbor's trees are intruding on my property .I have asked

Customer Question

My neighbor's trees are intruding on my property .I have asked him and his wife a couple of times to trim them . i am tired of the trees the roots are all over and is protruding under my house.What can I do to resolve this problem ?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Your neighbor doesn't have any obligation to trim the trees that "encroach" onto your property. You can trim the trees, at your discretion, all the way to the property line (imagine a "wall" that extends from your property line upwards... you can trim the limbs and roots that encroach into your property). Note, however, that you can only trim the roots in a nondestructive manner. That is, if you trim the roots and the tree dies as a result, you'll still be liable for the loss to your neighbor, even though the roots encroached onto your property). Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!