Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

We have cc/r's that state that each owner/renter can have no

Customer Question

We have cc/r's that state that each owner/renter can have no more than two cars,
that they must keep their cars in their garage and the board is not enforcing this
stipulation.
My guests family and friends have not been able to park in one specific guest parking
space, the closest to my house in a year. The people in a neighboring unit have two
cars and a truck and the truck is stored in this one guest parking space.
I have advised the board of the situation - own three vehicles and store one in a guest
parking space, and they responded 'it is moved sometimes'.
Please advise.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. If there is a provision in the bylaws that restricts owners to two cars and they are not following that rule....or selectively enforcing that rule......then you need to first approach the board and ask for it to enforce its rules, and if it refuses to do so, then your only option would be to sue the HOA/board for specific performance and ask the court to require the HOA/board to follow and enforce the rules as written OR to change the rule/abandon the rule.