Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

I live in North Hollywood, CA and I am currently

Customer Question

I live in North Hollywood, CA and I am currently living with a cockroach infestation in my apartment building that I lease from. I have addressed this issue with on site manager, she had pest control come to fix the problem in our apartment. But the infestation is still here. Do I have to continue paying rent or is my living situation enough to deem it 'uninhabitable'? I would prefer to live without constantly seeing the roaches I'm forced to share a living space with and would like to be able to save money to move out or have this situation solved. Please help, thanks!
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
The landlord is required to provide a safe an habitable premises for you to reside. Assuming you are not the cause of the infestation, the landlord is in breach of the lease and you can demand they correct the problem or terminate your lease.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?