Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

My Condo Assoc is about to eliminate the Pet Policy limit of

Customer Question

My Condo Assoc is about to eliminate the Pet Policy limit of 60 pound. All residents have been aware of the 60 pound limit when the purchased. If the Board eliminates the 60 pound limit and a resident is harmed by a large dog, is the Association liable for damages?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, an Illinois licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
It is possible that the association could be liable only if they knew of the dog being on the property and took no action. Without prior knowledge there would be no vicarious liability.
I hope this is helpful. If you have any follow up questions feel free to post them. It is never a problem.
Thank you.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?