Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have a commercial lease signed May 28th 2015 that states:Lessor

Customer Question

I have a commercial lease signed May 28th 2015 that states:Lessor acknowledges that premises are in good order and repair, unless stated herein."
I had an inspection done by a licensed inspector who found about issues including presence of moisture, faulty wiring etc. Fire Services then found evidence of mold where moisture was found including a/c vents. These issue have been addressed all month making my use of premises unavailable, ADA compliance still has not been addressed.
Do I have grounds to void lease based on misrepresentation of expectation of immediate use? I do not know if mold was remediated according to hazmat regulations.
Thank you,
Ms Irma Backelant
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Did you intend to write that the contract language stated that it was the "Lessee" that acknowledged the condition of the premises were good? Or did the contract state that the Lessor---landlord was asserting that the premises were in good order.
2. When did you have these inspections performed---before or after you signed the lease?
Doug