Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

I need to place a lien on my exhusband mothers house that he

Customer Question

I need to place a lien on my exhusband mothers house that he is the trustee of. His mother passed and left the house in his charge. He owes me back child support of aprox. $250,000.00 and now he is trying to see the house for his own benefit. What can I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Let me see if I can help you. If your ex-husband has not paid child support, you may be able to put a file a notice of pendency with the court putting a lien on the house. The house would have to be in his name. You may also need a judgment for back child support before you place the lien. If he is trying to sell the house as a representative of the estate of his mother, then you would have to wait to execute on your judgement against him on the moneys he gets from the sale. So, either you can place a lien on the house if it is in his name already, or wait until he get the money to execute a judgment you may have.