Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

IS THERE A LEGAL PROBLEM IF THE MLS EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO SELL

Customer Question

iS THERE A LEGAL PROBLEM IF THE MLS EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO SELL AGREEMENT HAS NOT BEEN HAD THE DATE ENTERED ON LINE ABOVE HOMEOWNERS SIGNATURE?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today. Yes the date here starts the clock.You should complete the date in the presence of the realtor and both parties initial beside the date.Otherwise it amounts to an indefinite listing.You want this date agreed to and corrected on the listing agreement.It is incomplete as it stands and commits you to something more than was agreed to .It can be corrected and initialed by both to correct the omission and make an enforceable agreement. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up. If the realtor here will not do this then you have right to file complaint against realtor if you choose.It was his error in my mind.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
It would be hard to enforce this either way without a date it needs to be corrected and initialed to show an agreed date it started.