How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3654
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a cheap, COLEMAN, pop up, walmart above ground pool. HOA says I can't have an

Customer Question

I have a cheap, COLEMAN, pop up, walmart above ground pool. HOA says I can't have an above ground pool. I believe that an above ground pool is one that intends to be permanent, with metal sides, etc. This is not a permanent structure. This is only for summer. We are survivors of an IN THE LINE OF DUTY DEATH. My kids hate summer because their Dad was killed 7/3/11. Trying to find ways to make summers bearable. I recently had some fence work done. The guy (Gerald) doing my fence angered me and my neigbor behind me. He began telling me what I could do and can't do. 3 weeks ago, he finished the fence. My parents were visiting and we were sitting in backyard hanging out. Neighbor walked in my back yard without permission and saw it. Another neighbor walked in yard, looked over fence and confirmed it. That was how they found out about it. HOA is fining me. Is there a way to fight this? If not, can I put it up in our enclosed garage? I can always lift the garage door slightly.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
I think you should explain the situation about your kids' father to the HOA and tell them that you are trying to do something special for your children to ease the pain of summer for them. The HOA will be legally required to allow yu to have TEMPORARY accommodation in light of the situation. You should also consider some inexpensive day trips that you can make with the children, without spending a lot of money, to give them some sense of adventure and happiness.
Good luck to you. Please rate the answer 4 or 5 and close out the quesiton. I wish you all the best.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Please rate the answer 4 or 5 and close out the question. Let me know if you have any more questions. All the best.

Related Real Estate Law Questions