WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I have a foreclosure sale scheduled -29-15. Wells Fargo/Wac

Customer Question

I have a foreclosure sale scheduled for 6-29-15. Wells Fargo/Wachovia is the lender. I submitted a loan modification package but they requested additional documents which I sent. Spoke to them today and they wouldn't be able to review them until Monday? I filed BK a few years ago. Is there anything I can do to stop the sale? The home and the loan are in my name but it's really my sisters home. She had bad credit and tax liens so I qualified for the loan. I gave her a notarized grant deed in 2002. Can she record the deed to stop the foreclosure?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can stop the sale by going into court on a ex parte basis and ask for an emergency temporary restraining order to postpone the sale.
There is no reason why the sale must take place on Monday, and the court will postpone it for sure so that you have the chance to sort things out and preserve your ownership in the home.
Please rate the response 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Please rate the answer 4 or 5 and close out the question. Let me know if you have any more questions. All the best.