Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

Can I resind my purchase of a mobile home after finding out

Customer Question

Can I resind my purchase of a mobile home after finding out it's condition is worse than I thought within the 3 day ression period or even later? It was originated in 1966. And at closing I was not even given clear title.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Unfortunately there is no 3 day right of rescission on a mobile home purchase unless it is specifically stated in the contract. It is the duty of the purchaser to thoroughly inspect the home or have it inspected prior to purchase to ensure it is in good functional and structural shape.
.
If there was no written warranty given on the home and no right of rescission in the written contract, then there is no right for the buyer to back out of the deal.
.
I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...
.
thanks