WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

How do you appeal a foreclosure case to the Superior Court

Customer Question

How do you appeal a foreclosure case to the Superior Court if there is not "final court order"? The house I live in is scheduled for a sheriff's sale tomorrow. I was looking at the docket statement but there is not even a final order that I can use to appeal it from. How would I go about getting the case into the superior court?

I need instruction on how to do this pro se, because I can't afford a lawyer and time is obviously very limited.  Yesterday, I already filed a paper motion at the court asking for the sale to be stayed.

Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
It is correct that you cannot file an appeal if there is no final order issued by the court. However, if the sale is court ordered, there must be a final order somewhere.

Moreover, under applicable law, you can file for a temporary restraining order to hold off on the sale set for Monday so that you can sort things out. The court will not want to rush into things, so you will have some time to figure it all out.

Please rate the answer 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you, and thanks.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Please rate the answer 4 or 5 and close out the question. Let me know if you have any more questions. All the best.