Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
7286322

Given 10 days inspection-buyer then wanted an extra

Customer Question

Given 10 days for an inspection-buyer then wanted an extra 5 days and i gave an extra two days. INSPECTION OF HOUSE WAS ON A WEDNESDAY A VERTICAL CRACK ON OUTSIDE OF HOUSE .DISCOVERED. STRUCTURAL ENGINEER CAME LAST FRIDAY AND ON MONDAY INSPECTION PERIOD WAS OVER AND SHE CAN EITHER CANCEL OR GO FORWARD..SHE HAS TILL TOMORROW TO GO AHEAD OR CANCEL AND PUT UP AN ADDITIONAL 20,000. i still do not know what the structural engineers report says or if she wants money from me for repair. T he real estate contract is an as is contract for the state of florida. WHAT DO I DO IF SHE WANTS ANOTHER EXTENSION OR ASKS ME TO COMTRIBUTE TO REPAIR. MACK
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) f you receive a phone call offer while we chat, know that this is an automated test feature the site is running. Due to possible ethical issues, the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I normally decline them. Unless the phone call offer you receive literally states "THIS OFFER IS FROM ELY" (which means I personally initiated it), please do not entertain any such offer; and (C) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
It is the seller's decision whether they wish to:
1) Agree to another extension; or
2) Not agree, but put up the money; or
3) One or the other; or
4) Neither, and demand sale of the property as is.
If the seller chooses #4, then the buyer can only opt out of the sale if they can show to the Court (if it gets that far) that the home that they were being sold had this condition "hidden" in some way and that the seller was attempting to sell it without the buyer finding out. THEN, it would be up to the Court to decide.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, but I cannot do this. Due to possible ethical issues, the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I normally decline them. We have to proceed on this thread, but I would be happy to answer any follow ups.
Gentle Reminder: Please, use the REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or rate positively and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.