Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  JA Mentor
26798026

I need to find who owns the property that was in our family

Customer Question

I need to find who owns the property that was in our family in NY. How can we find out?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. Property deeds are public record, held by the County Clerk of the county where the property is located. To start, check the website for the county clerk. Many counties now have this information available online. If your county isn't one of those, you can drive to the clerk's office, or call and see if they are willing to do a search for you via a telephone or written request. If the property is currently held by a LLP, LLC, or Corporation, you can get more information on the owners from the Secretary of State:http://www.dos.ny.gov/corps/bus_entity_search.html If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.