Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I own two properties, there were two liens placed on the one

Customer Question

I own two properties, there were two liens placed on the one property even though a loan was taken on each property. I have a buyer for the property that has the two liens (I had no idea of liens on my property). By selling that property will be able to pay off the large loan. HSBC is telling me in order to sell the one property I have to satisfy both loans. I don't have the means to pay off the 2nd smaller loan but, it's being paid each month via auto payments. I had been making payments via auto payments until recently when I had to stop. They started to pay the property taxes and were billing me through the auto payments, I couldn't pay the amounts above what I was paying monthly. I also thought I would be able to pay them off by selling the one property, we were ready to make settlement until the results of the title search came back. I spoke to a person at HSBC and received no satisfaction. I had requested they change the one lien so that I could sell the one property. I was told that was not possible, why two liens on that property when I didn't take two loans on that property, they told me doesn't matter what property the loan was taken on they could put the liens where ever they wanted. Is there anything that can be done to help me sell the one property? If not they will probably take my property which is not fair when I have the means to pay the larger loan off. Please help.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'l be glad to assist. If I understand correctly, there are 2 liens against one property and 0 liens against the other property....is that correct?