CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

My question: If I have a commercial building appraised and

Customer Question

My question: If I have a commercial building appraised and I do not own the land its on, will it be appraised as just the building cost or will its location be factored in?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
It depends on how you ask the appraiser to do it. If you only own the building, you will want to ensure that you tell the appraiser you are only looking for an appraisal on the structure, not the land. (If you do not specify, it is more likely than not that the appraiser is going to be giving you an appraisal of both, but most appraisers will be working off property ownership records and note the distinction).