Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My name is ***** ***** i'm going through the foreclosure

Customer Question

hello, my name is ***** ***** i'm going through the foreclosure of my home, i have been served with the documents on june 5th and have 30 days to file for a motion. it costs me over $500 to file . i tried working with the bank on a loan modification got denied even though i have a supportive income. i have to pay the entire amount owed which is about 30k if i want to keep the home.i intend to keep the home and pay back in installments +my regular monthly payment so like maybe $1000 on top of my regular payment each month until i pay what i'm behind. my question is #1 what are the chances the judge would approve that , and should i hire a lawyer or i can see the judge on my own?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Foreclosures are a statutory process so a judge does not have much leeway to agree to order anything that the lender will not agree to, such as monthly payments.
Have you tried a loan modification through HUD?
Where are you located so I can provide a link for attorneys in your area that provide free consultations? I don't want to see you spend $500.00 to file and get nowhere.