Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I'm still tangled up in the plot of this novel, trying to

Customer Question

I'm still tangled up in the plot of this novel, trying to decide if my victim died intestate - though since she's rich and well organized, probably not. Is it common to name an attorney as executor? Second question: Do you want a mention in the Acknowledgements?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there! It she's rich and well-organized, it would be unusual for her to die without a will. And, for wealthy people, it is not uncommon to name their family attorney as an executor. But, that can be dangerous as attorney's in this situation can in some cases embezzle from the estate or overcharge. I never think it's a great idea to name the attorney as executor. Better to let the best of the beneficiaries be named as executor and then let the executor engage an attorney to help with the probate. :) I'd be honored. Wow!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, good idea. She has an admin assistant who is really more a CEO and probably the only person who really liked her and is very sad she's gone.To use your name in the Acknowledgements, I will need your last name. Okay? I don't know what rules you play by.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Last name is Fine.