Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My wife and I were purchasing a home on land contract from

Customer Question

My wife and I were purchasing a home on land contract from a friend in the contract it stated that in case of either the contract holders died the house would be free and clear. After the wife passed my wife couldn't find the paperwork so she agreed to pay the remainder but now has found it and the contract holder still want payment what should we do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Can you provide me a bit more information? When you say your wife "agreed to pay the remainder," what do you mean exactly. Did your wife sign an agreement regarding the payment? Or, was the agreement to do so simply verbal? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes she signed an agreement
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for responding. I'm not confident that I can provide a complete and accurate assessment that will be present a satisfactory result for you. Therefore, I am going to opt out to open your question up to all experts so another expert can hopefully timely provide you the information you seek. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care.