Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

The board determined that they will have my fence replaced

Customer Question

The board determined that they will have my fence replaced and I am responsible for the cost. I think the bid they received is crazy. What can I do about getting competitive bids and directing the work to be done myself?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Is the property that the fence sits on in common area, or on the property which you own? why is the HOA board replacing it instead of telling you to do it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is common area. I am not sure why they are not instructing me to do it.What are my options?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More clarity. It surrounds the property I own, but is the responsibility of the association
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
If it is the association's responsibility, you will have to ask their permission to let you fix it. But, you can get your own competitive bids which won't cost you anything. Then show them to the head of the Association and perhaps they will decide to use your estimates and save money. I hope that this answer is helpful and that you will give it a positive rating.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Hello Again. Do you have any further questions? If not, I hope that you will take the time to enter a positive rating for my Answer so that I will be compensated for assisting you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.