Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I have a property which I have leased though a property management

Customer Question

I have a property which I have leased though a property management company.
The management company agrees to send me my rent by the 10th of each month.
This month they are late sending me the rent. I have confirmed the tenants have already
paid there rent.
Would this violate my agreement with the property management company?
They have also not handled repairs which the tenant has requested to be repaired
for over 3 weeks. This is also in my contact that they would handle repairs in a timely manner.
Would this also violate my agreement with the property management company?
I'm trying to determine what evidence I need to cancel the contract with the
property management company.
Thank You
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today. I would submit to them a breach of contract letter stating the rent is late and that they have not completed repairs timely.Tell them based on the material breaches you are asking the agreement be terminated.You can also tell them you are considering a lawsuit for damages for such material breaches unless they agree to mutual release and ending of the business relationship. Give them say 7 business days to respond and resolve and go from there.This would be the next step without a lawyer to resolve it and get released based on their breaches so far.These are certainly material no doubt. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
I would send them a mutual release letter you can draft it here using these forms.
http://www.rpemery.com/letters/html/084.html
Feel free to modify to your agreement and parties but at least it gives you written release protection to resolve it all.
Thanks again.