Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Does Florida condo have the right to remove tiles from patio

Customer Question

Does Florida condo have the right to remove tiles from patio without permission from owner
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. If I may ask, is the patio a 'common area' or is it reserved solely for the use of one member of this HOA?Also, what was the basis or grounds for removal, were the tiles falling or damaging anyone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Owned by me. Condo is repairing items that need fiixing. Was told tiles were leaking wthout proof.
My apologies. I will be opting out from assisting you further. Please take care.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello, new expert here...Is the HOA responsible for maintaining the exterior areas like the roof and outside walls of the building?Did you install the tiles in question or were they there when you purchased the property?Has the HOA replaced the tiles with something else to stop any alleged leak?Were the tiles part of the roof of the patio or were they in some other location? thanksBarrister