Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

I co sign to buy a motor home but I did not sign any document

Customer Question

I co sign to buy a motor home but I did not sign any document .the manager just wrote my name. Now the person that I suppose to co sign move out and he owes s a large amount of money from that motor home. Now they are charging what he owes. Am I liable for any of those charges. Waiting for your answer. Thanks Francis .
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
The obligation to answer for the debt or obligation of another is unenforceable without a signed agreement. In other words, you can NOT be held liable for the obligation if they have nothing in writing signed by you.
I hope this is helpful. If you have any follow up questions feel free to post them. It is never a problem.
Thank you.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Did you have further questions before you rate my service?