Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I recently purchased a home in Clyde, NC 287621. I wanted

Customer Question

I recently purchased a home in Clyde, NC 287621. I wanted to have the ownerreship put into one of my trusts but the mortgagperson said it was too complicated and do it by a quitclaim manner afterwards. In NC the sale is completed in an attorney's office and I repeated my story but was told I needed to make the change in their office. Sounds like
more fees so my question "Can I do the job through legalzoom /or on my own in NC. The mortgage office was Beverly-Hanks Realty. Am eager to make the change as the money for the down came from a trust that has only 2 of my heirs.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can do your own quit claim deed and here is a link you can copy and paste into your browser and it is a quit claim deed form you can use to transfer it to your trust: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CEoQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.accessonslow.com%2FNORTH%2520CAROLINA%2520QUITCLAIM%2520DEED.doc&ei=CrOCVY3tIMjWoATozrG4AQ&usg=AFQjCNHyuiidGsSv9p34f4EocAYWfzmQRg&sig2=imumybrlhl8lh4twAR0uaQ&bvm=bv.96042044,d.cGU
You need to fill it out and then you need to take it down to the clerk's office in your county to file it in the property records.