How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 114733
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently purchased a home in Clyde, NC 287621. I wanted

Customer Question

I recently purchased a home in Clyde, NC 287621. I wanted to have the ownerreship put into one of my trusts but the mortgagperson said it was too complicated and do it by a quitclaim manner afterwards. In NC the sale is completed in an attorney's office and I repeated my story but was told I needed to make the change in their office. Sounds like
more fees so my question "Can I do the job through legalzoom /or on my own in NC. The mortgage office was Beverly-Hanks Realty. Am eager to make the change as the money for the down came from a trust that has only 2 of my heirs.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can do your own quit claim deed and here is a link you can copy and paste into your browser and it is a quit claim deed form you can use to transfer it to your trust:,d.cGU
You need to fill it out and then you need to take it down to the clerk's office in your county to file it in the property records.

Related Real Estate Law Questions