Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Allergies. my pulmonologist says this could very well have

Customer Question

allergies. my pulmonologist says this could very well have been brought on as a result of exposure to mold. i'm not sure if that's what it is, though and can't afford to have it tested ($3-400) and housing authority said they wouldn't pay for it. i'm concerned about upsetting my landlord and having him kick me out. he said he would pay for 5 gallons of paint - not really enough to cover the whole place, esp. if 2 coats are needed. and i don't think that would solve the problem permanently - another neighbor who used to live here said she would get black mold and he would paint over it but it would just come back. i'd like to find out what my rights and his responsibilities are. thank you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me what state this is in?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i live in oregon. it looks as though the first 1/2 of my explanation didn't go through. could you please show me what you received so i can complete it?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Here is what I have:
Was there more?