Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

Home purchesd mortgage obtained then notice receivd to vacate

Customer Question

home purchesd mortgage obtained then notice receivd to vacate stating that the seller failed to pay the balance on his mortgage and absconded with the money.i paid a down payment of 30k and owe my bank 90k. my question is do i loose the house and my money.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
From the little information you have provided, I'm forced to say that that is a distinct possibility. The "notice to vacate" is an ominous sign, indicating that a foreclosure may have already taken place. Without having a a personal discussion where I can learn everything about what transpired between you and the seller, I cannot tell you anything with certainty.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. If you need more information, please send me a Reply. If not, I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my Answer so that I can receive credit for assisting you. There is no additional charge for doing that. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.