Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I filled out a request conveyance and could not

Customer Question

I filled out a request for occupied conveyance and could not answer my income because being self-employed I didn't know if they wanted my earnings before deductions or after all my business deductions? They denied the claim stating I had not proved I had income. I had called and spoke with someone who told me to just put self-employed and they would call me with questions concerning my income. They never did and just denied my claim.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney. Thanks for requesting me.
Under FHA rules, an "occupant may appeal HUD’s decision within 20 days after the date of HUD’s notice. The appeal must be addressed to the Field Office Manager and be in writing, and the occupant may provide documentation intended to refute the reasons given for HUD’s decision. The occupant may also request an informal conference with a representative of the HUD Field Office Manager. A request for an informal conference must be made in writing within 10 days after the date of HUD’s notice. The occupant may be represented at the conference by counsel or by other persons with pertinent expert knowledge or experience." (http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2011-title24-vol2/pdf/CFR-2011-title24-vol2-sec203-677.pdf).
Thus, if you want to appeal, you need to act fast and get your appeal to the field office manager. You should be able to call and find out if there is a form for your area. If so, use it. If not, you can write a letter demanding an appeal.