Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

Good afternoon, we live in texas and we had our entire home

Customer Question

Good afternoon, we live in texas and we had our entire home exterminated for bedbugs in February 2015 since we found them in 2 rooms the exterminator said it would do best to exterminate the entire home to avoid any future problems which we did and we haven't had a problem. We are selling our home and I am a Owner/Agent Texas sellers disclosure doesn't require disclosure nor does the problem exist any longer but im not sure what to do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.
Here the safe play is full disclosure.Since you had this rememdiated--the whole house disclose it but show them that it was completed by licensed company.Texas has gone to strict disclosure here, so for your protection it needs to be disclosed.I would also mention it to the house inspector because then the buyer has notice form you and the inspector was noticed too.
Again I understand this may not be on the form here but not disclosing it puts you at risk for breach of contract for failure to disclose.And the inspector here needs to know this because again if he clears it as her will you are free of any claims otherwise.
This is a major issue or potential one you need to disclosed because you don't want to be sued here a year from now or so.The realtor here should agree with me and they are obligated to disclose it as well.
I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Reference.
http://www.trulia.com/voices/Home_Buying/Is_the_seller_of_a_home_required_to_disclose_bedbu-310009
I know that there is a tendency to not disclose since this was awhile back but legally you can be sued big time for failure to disclose.Since it was treated it should not be an issue.
Thanks again for letting me help you today.