P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
11181181

Landlord filed eviction with the court. Do I have to let the

Customer Question

Landlord filed eviction with the court. Do I have to let the landlord conduct a walk through before our court date? Lease says that she has to give 48 hour notice. Is that null and void since she has filed the eviction with the court? I don't want her coming in and she is threatening to come with police. Can she do this?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am sorry for the dilemma
The fact the landlord is using the courts to attempt to evict you will not void the lease terms. In other words, the fact the landlord is claiming you are in violation of the lease will not prevent the landlord from enforcing other provisions within the lease.
That said, I doubt the police will get involved in this matter; what you're describing is a civil matter that I would expect the court to resolve.
But to answer the question, can the landlord enforce the right to inspect despite the fact they are suing you to evict? The answer is yes they can.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.
And let me know if you want to discuss this via phone...I can make that option available if you desire.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Follow up on this. The system indicates you had additional questions.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer as that is the only way I may get credit for my work.