Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

GA-Sha I WROTE A CONTRACT TO OWE AFTER MAJOR REPAIR WERE

Customer Question

I WROTE A CONTRACT FOR RENT TO OWE AFTER MAJOR REPAIR WERE DONE TO THE HOUSE
THE LADY AS BEEN IN THE HOUSE SINCE 2010 AND I HAVE TAKEN HER RENT MONEY AND
DONE FOUNDATION,NEW ROOF, PAINTING WHOLE HOUSE, TREE REMOVAL, TAXES AND INSURANCE. SHE STARTED PAYING TOWARD THE HOUSE IN 2014 BUT NOW SHE THINK
SHE HAS PAID UP. THE RENT WAS $400 AND MONTH THE TOTAL SPEND ON REPAIR WAS
23,0000.00 FROM THE RENTAL MONEY. THE ASKING PRICE FOR THE HOUSE AFTER REPAIR IS 25,0000.00 AS STATED IN
THE CONTRACT ALONG WITHE ALL TAXES AND INSURANCE BE PAID UNTIL HOUSE IS PAYED OFF
ASKING FOR THE DEED
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just want a answer please on what i can do
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..
.
.
If she just agreed to the contract in 2014, how could she possibly think that she had paid $25,000 in one year?
.
Or did you agree back in 2010 to sell her the house as a rent to own and have been applying the payments towards the purchase price? (which would explain why she thought the $25K had been paid)
.
Was there anything in the contract that states that she is responsible for the costs of any repairs to the property?
.
Why would you spend $23,000 in repairs on a house you are selling for only $25,000?
.
.
thanks
Expert:  Shayne-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address.
Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/real-estate-law/9562l-ga-sha-wrote-contract-owe-major-repair.html
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.