Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My apartment property management company debited my account

Customer Question

My apartment property management company debited my account for my monthly rent and and an additional small fee. This was done in two ACH transactions and I was sent a payment confirmation for both. My bank confirms the management company received the funds. However, the apartment management says they do not have my rent and it is seriously past due. Furthermore my rental agreement will be terminated if I don't pay in five days. They refuse to refrain from this action, while my bank initiates a dispute. I believe I am being retaliated against for holding management accountable for poor maintenance repairs and for failure to repair my heating unit in a timely manner. What are my options. I want to file a complaint and sue this property management company. What are my options?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Has the landlord actually taken any action yet, or are they just threatening to do so?
.
What was their response when you provided them with proof of the ACH transfer from your bank?
.
.
thanks