RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

How do I remove a tenant from my house, when they are in breach

Customer Question

how do I remove a tenant from my house, when they are in breach of contract
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. A landlord is required to give a written notice to vacate before filing an eviction lawsuit. This notice, also known as a demand for possession, must be in writing. The landlord has to give the tenant at least three days to vacate unless a written lease sets a different time period, such as 24 hours. If the tenant decides to stay in the unit, the landlord can file an eviction suit at the local JP court. After the landlord files the eviction suit, the court clerk will send the eviction citation to the constable’s office for service to the tenant. The constable will attempt to hand-deliver the citation to the tenant at the tenant’s home. After two unsuccessful attempts, the constable may slip the citation under the front door or attach it to the front doors and mail a copy by first class mail. The tenant can then respond and fight this and appear in court and the landlord would need to appear as well, to present their evidence and show the breach.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!