Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.
20073497

I have a listing in the mls and was offered full price

Customer Question

Hi! I have a listing in the mls and was offered full price with no contigincies. The realtor is telling me that I have to accept the offer or her brokerage firm can come after me. That she found a buyer. She dropped off the contract with a Designated Dual Agency and also a tenant in possession addendum. I'm in California, I don't want to sell the house and sign off on the offer. Do I have to accept the offer because it's full list price cash offer?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to Answer your question and the only thing I ask in return is that you leave a positive rating. This will not cost you anything, but it is the only way that the website will give me credit for assisting you, Fair enough ?
You asked,
"Do I have to accept the offer because it's full list price cash offer?"
ANSWER -
Do not believe what the realtor is telling you. He is only looking out for his best interests and is pushing you to sell your house so that he can collect his 6% commission.
An owner who has listed his house for sale with a realtor has the right to change his mind at any time before he signs a binding Agreement of Sale. Since you changed your mind about selling your house, the realtor cannot force you to sell, period! The realtor cannot force you to sell just because he found a buyer who met the asking price and offered to pay cash for your house. The fact remains that you have changed your mind and have not signed any Agreement of Sale. You cannot be forced to sell your house simply to please the realtor who is foaming at the mouth for his commission.
Do not allow them to scare you into selling. You have an absolute legal right to change your mind about selling your property at any time before signing an Agreement of Sale with any buyer.
______________________________________
Please be kind enough to leave a positive rating so that the website will give me credit for assisting you.
Bonus and Positive Feedback are very much appreciated,
Kindest Regards,
ANDREA
I see that you have had the opportunity to review my Answer. Is there anything you would like me to clarify ? If not, kindly leave a positive rating for my Answer. It will NOT cost you anything, but without it, Justanswer will not give me credit for assisting you and Answering your question. Thank you for understanding.
kindest REGARDS,
ANDREA