Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in RE Law, including LL/Tenant, contractor disputes, comm'l prop. issues
20355756

How can I get an unlawful detainer in California of my record? I lived in my house

Customer Question

How can I get an unlawful detainer in California of my record? I lived in my house for 10 years paid rent on time and then the owner died, A property management company took over and proceeded to evict me, I fought in court because I was on section 8 but unfortunately I lost.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello there.
-
Can you answer some questions for me --
-
1. Are you still receiving Section 8 benefits ?
-
2. Do you have any proof that the unlawful detainer actions had nothing to do with non payment of rent? Perhaps the court files or a court order ?
-
3. Are these appearing on your credit reports OR just court record reports that the prospective landlords check on? Where is the source of this information that they are getting (have you asked any of the landlords who have turned you down)?
-
MARY
-
PS -- Once you answer these questions, I can give you some suggestions regarding what to try to clear this up to some extent in a response box -- I can certainly send this along for a telephone call, but there is an Additional Service charge for a telephone call and it may end up being as much as 100 dollars -- and so long as you press a positive rating I can simply give you the information needed in this question and answer thread and it will not cost you any additional money than you have already paid. However, if you still want the telephone call, please let me know and I will have the offer for one sent to you.