How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My town home was constructed in the 80's. I have an estimate

Customer Question

My town home was constructed in the 80's. I have an estimate for a re-roof. They say that a chimney cricket is required although I can't find anyone in my complex that has ever had one. This is for $595 because me & my neighbor have chimneys that are separate, but enclosed on the outside as one.
My question is could these homes have been grandfathered in since I only see newer homes requiring this chimney cricket.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
Who exactly is requiring this cricket, the HOA or the municipality? please advise!

Related Real Estate Law Questions