Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.
68197583

Type Your Question Here...

Customer Question

Type Your Question Here...
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
I am sorry that this person was rude to you.
There are redemption periods. Please give me a moment to put the information together for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you mean redemption periods ? so there is an expiration date ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as i said one is 2013 and one is 2011 ,
The redemption period is two years after the lien date. Your village may have laws in effect that extend that time period. The minimum is 2 years.
N.Y. RPT. LAW § 1110 : NY Code - Section 1110: Redemption
1. Real property subject to a delinquent tax lien may be redeemed by payment to the enforcing officer, on or before the expiration of the redemption period, of the amount of the delinquent tax lien or liens, including all charges authorized by law. If the enforcing officer is not authorized to receive such payments, such payment shall be made to the official who is so authorized. 2. The redemption period shall expire two years after lien date, except that a tax district may increase the redemption period for residential or farm property in the manner provided by section eleven hundred eleven of this article. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the notice published pursuant to section eleven hundred twenty-four of this article specifies a later date for the expiration of the redemption period, the redemption period shall expire on the date so specified. 3. If a parcel is redeemed which has been included on a list of delinquent taxes that has been filed pursuant to section eleven hundred twenty-two of this article, the enforcing officer shall, upon request, issue a certificate of redemption. Upon the filing of such certificate with the county clerk, the county clerk shall enter on such list the word "redeemed" and the date of the filing opposite the description of such parcel on the list of delinquent taxes. Such notation shall operate to cancel the notice of pendency with respect to such parcel.
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/RPT/11/2/1110#sthash.v95GKEi0.dpuf
This is a link for the county code.
https://www.municode.com/library/ny/westchester_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=PTIIADCO_CH283WECOTALA
This is a link for attorneys in your area that provide free consultations http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/taxation-law/westchester-county/new-york
Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter.
If you would be kind enough to rate my service so I may receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.
Thank you for using JA!
"what do you mean redemption periods ? so there is an expiration date ?"
Yes the redemption period is the expiration period to buy back the taxes.