WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

Seeking a CALIFORNIA licensed ESTATE ATTORNEY expert

Customer Question

Seeking a CALIFORNIA licensed ESTATE ATTORNEY expert for a few questions, ASAP. Please do not answer these questions if you are not fully qualified to do so. Thanks.

I am involved in social services in California (mainly attempting to assist victims of various forms of abuse.) As a result, there are many perpetrators who are not pleased that I am trying to prevent their "behavior."

It is, therefore, absolutely essential, for both my personal safety and that of many of the persons whom I am attempting to assist, to maintain strict confidentiality of my personal information-- especially my residential address.

And, I have been able to do so for many years by renting either a home or apartment-- which requires the property management company/landlord to protect the confidentiality of my personal information.

However, I know from the experience of previously owning three homes, that if I purchase a home by standard methods, my personal information (especially the property address and name of buyer/seller) is made completely "public."

For that reason, I would now like to know if there are any legal ways to purchase a property (as either a personal residence or investment) that WOULD still maintain strict confidentiality of all of my personal information-- especially my residential address. And, if so, please explain in detail-- including the estimate costs.

Thank you very much in advance for your prompt, detailed response. Sincerely Steve

Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can form a limited liability company that will own the property. The title will be held by the limited liability company and your name will not show on the record. You can form the limited liability company for $90 by registering it with the secretary of state. If you use another person to be the manager (you would still be the owner of the LLC), then your name would not appear on any of the limited liability company documents filed with the California Secretary of State.

here is the form to file with the California Secretary of State to create the company that will own the property:

http://bpd.cdn.sos.ca.gov/llc/forms/llc-1.pdf

Good luck to you. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Thanks and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the prompt response. But, could you please give me more detail regarding how I could designate another person to be the manager of my LLC without any public record of my being associated with any of the assets of the LLC-- yet all of the assets still being owned by me.

Also, from what I understand, all loan/mortgage information is also of public record in California. Please give me details on this, too, and if there's any way that I could legally use any form of financing for the purchase of real estate and still maintain complete confidentiality of my name & address (which again, is necessary for my social service career.) Thanks.

Steve

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Look at the form. It is the public record and the only thing filed is the name of the organizer, which can be a lawyer or anybody else who files the form, Jon.

The mortgage would be made to the company, not to you. The mortgage is made to the party on title, which will be the company, not you, Jon. You may be the guarantor of the loan to the company, but that is not public.

Now, please accept the answer and rate it 4 or 5 and close out the question now, Jon. Thank you.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Please rate the answer 4 or 5 Jon and close out the question. I have spent a lot of time on your inquiries and given you very good answers. Please respond so I get credit for my work.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.